Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The big move.

So. I just moved to New Orleans, Louisiana to start an exciting career as a teacher. Although I'm not officially employed, things are most definitely looking up as I begin my aggressive job search. Upon calling the Recovery School District, I was transferred immediately to the staffing department. In my cynical and ever-so-pessimistic mind, I still found that to be a good sign. So, now, I'm in the process of making my resume (super difficult task, btw. I want to look GOOD) and finishing my application so hopefully I'll get offered one of the many social studies jobs in RSD. If not, I'll just keep on keeping on until I get something that works for me.

On another note, Kevin and I are not going to have to live in a Motel 6 for six weeks while taking classes in Pineville, LA because classes are now being offered @ John Curtis in River Ridge. It's right up the road from where we are currently staying. Because we do not have to dish out serious cash to stay in a hotel, Kevin and I have decided to look for a more permanent residence here, so as to not overstay our welcome at Miss Terri's house. Plus, it will be nice to just get all of the moving finally out of the way and officially start our lives together in New Orleans sooner than later. I'm mostly excited about this upcoming fall when we will finally have paycheck to get decent furniture (that isn't from the side of the road or from a dumpster).


So...yay! Things seem to be working out, thankfully. And I've limited crying because I need to focus on the matter at hand, which is ultimately getting a job and continuing to be on my own without assistance from my parents. I'm pretty impressed with myself that I haven't had to ask for any money and plan on keeping it that way. I just have to ignore all of the exceptionally good restaurants I pass by and pretend I'm still in Kirksville because there is nothing to spend money on there. Might as well help my bank account and keep it that way.

Hopefully I'll have more good news to post soon. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment