Sunday, May 30, 2010

I love talking about weather. (nerd)


Right now, I am hanging out @ Miss Terri's house waiting for a thunderstorm. Storms are different here than in the midwest. I forgot about that. In the midwest, if the sky got dark and looked like it was about to rain, chances are, it was going to rain because it was part of this ridiculous system that covered at least northern Missouri and southern Iowa. Here, it's a patch. Just a little bitty patch. It's different. I'm not complaining, though. I love storms with thunder and lightning. I love living by the Gulf. Kevin just went outside to investigate the crazy thunder we've been hearing. He said we have nothing but blue skies above us. All the rain is literally just down the street aways. Like I said, it's different. I included the radar just because I thought it was funny. We are in the void.
In other weather news, I have finally been able to sweat this year. Haven't done much of it in Kirksville and I must say, it was satisfying. Disgusting or not, Kirksville temperatures were just a bit ridiculous this May and I don't really want to experience cold like that in spring for a long time.
Still no job. Still freaking out about it. I'm going to make myself relax and go hang out at Walgreen's once classes die down a bit. Class was moved to River Ridge, just down the road from where Kevin and I are staying, fortunately. However, we are required to make the 3 and a half hour drive whenever there is a presenter. We will be in Pineville more often than not, unfortunately, so I won't be seeking Walgreen's work until after that hectic bit of summer is done with. I WAS going to go to the Tangipahoa Parish job fair, but since Kevin and I have to be in Pineville, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. They need to provide college classes about weighing decisions and prioritizing. No one offers classes about the real world or growing up. Just informative classes about your future profession. I'm stressing out, and instead of bothering the people around me about it, I am going to post all of my worries on here, for the world to see. My worrying has not been good for my relationship with Kevin. I'm obsessive about getting these jobs and the minute I'm in front of a computer to the minute I need to go to sleep, I am searching for jobs ANYWHERE. Last night, I spent a good two hours writing a short e-mail to a school about a job vacancy. This is getting out of hand. At least I've recognized it, and I am going to be better about it. Kevin and I set up the Wii so that has been a very good preoccupier. Chores today. I miss chores. I need to do them so I feel like I am home.
I also need to get dressed. It's 12:30. :\ To wear the hair up or fight the humidity with it down...THAT is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment