Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I could do without hotels at this point.

I have been living in a hotel in Alexandria, LA (central LA) for the past nine days. It's fine. Except I don't have a kitchen so I've been eating JUNK for the past nine days. Not to say I actually cook, but if we were at Miss Terri's house, I would be LEARNING how to cook, likely at this very moment.
Hotels don't have back yards for dogs, either, so we take Bella and Maeby to a school's basketball court. I truly feel bad for having to go to such measures to have the dogs run around, but they will not tolerate leash walking anymore, and I respect that. They need to run out their energy as opposed to building it up all day in the extra-cold, extra-dark, extra-small hotel room. This experience has been enlightening to really truly knowing the importance of a backyard for our over-active dogs. And I don't mind that. They're dogs. It would be weird if they didn't run around with their tongues hanging 5 feet out of their mouths.
Classes are going well. Job search is still going, but looking good for jobs in Baton Rouge.
Tomorrow we get to leave for New Orleans and I could not be more happy. I just want to settle down. I want to do laundry! I had a glorious dream the other night that I got to do all the laundry in the world. Sad, isn't it?
It was supposed to rain today. More blue sky than anything, honestly. I haven't seen rain in more than a week! We need to cool down a bit now!
I'm off to take the dogs to the park. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. I want to do laundry! I had a glorious vegas dream the other night that I got to do all the laundry in the world. Sad, isn't it? It was supposed to rain today.

    ReplyDelete